There are many reasons for buying a power station be it for emergency use at home in the event of a power outage to camping. Here is the good news – now you can control these situations with advancements in battery technologies even without relying on dirty gas generators. Portable power stations have made huge strides in terms of battery power provided, battery life and size, especially after the production of the first units.
Portable power stations are a clean, green, and efficient way of powering your devices and keeping you connected even if you are off-grid. Nevertheless, choosing the best power station can be the hardest thing.
We have answered this question for you with a discussion of the the best power stations for 2022. Here you go!
Table of Contents
Which Are The Best Power Stations?
A comparative picture of the best power stations is given below
1. Jackery Power Station Explorer 1000 – The Most Powerful Power Station
Power stations are the best way to keep your electronic gear running for hours or even days in some cases. Whether you want to have endless enjoyment while camping or prepare yourself for being unprepared, Jackery Power Station Explorer 1000 is the best off-grid option to power your devices.
With Jackery Power Station’s massive battery capacity of 1002 Wh and impressive endurance, you can easily power your TV, full-size refrigerator, mini cooler, fan, electric grill, laptop, phone, other outdoor and home needs, and many more.
Despite this huge power and capacity, you will notice little or no noise at all, keeping the peace and serenity outside. It further allows you to be stress and worry-free by keeping your devices charged with its protected layers of technology. And it is possible because of its high-tech designed.
The Jackery Power Station’s impressive max output, easy-to-use interface, easy-to-read screen, pass-through charge ability from solar panels, multiple ports, and rough exterior make it distinct from its competitors.
The power station thus packs a lot of premium features in it to keep you connected even if you are off-grid.
- Noiseless while operating
- It can be recharged in multiple ways i.e., car outlet, wall outlet, and solar panel
- It is not weather resistant
- The battery is not replaceable
2. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500 – The Compact Power Station
For all those who cannot afford to buy Jackery Power Station Explorer 1000, there is another powerful yet affordable option for you. Jackery Explorer 500 can power your all needs in a comparatively affordable manner.
Having a power of 500 W and battery capacity of 500 Wh, this version of Jackery Power Station is perfect for road trips, short outdoor adventures, and camping. However, even with this capacity, it is in an intermediate niche and can be an effective way to keep you connected both inside and outside the house.
Since it has a comparatively less powerful battery pack, therefore, it is lighter in weight(13.3 lbs) as compared to Jackery Power Station 1000(22.4 lbs). So, it is easier to carry with you anywhere. Moreover, its design is also made to fit nicely into the definition of portability.
So, do not ruin your outdoor trips if you can’t afford Jackery Explorer 1000, you can safely invest in Jackery Power Station 500.
- Light in weight as compared to Jackery Explorer 1000
- It is best to keep you connected both inside and outside the house
- Chargeable with solar panels
- Its battery capacity is not suitable for mobile workers or workshops.
- It charges slowly
3. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 300 – The Lightest Power Station
Now Jackery Portable Power Station 300 is ideal for those who do not have to power big devices and need an off-grid option for their basic devices.
This portable power station having a power of 300 W and battery capacity of 293 Wh is the best option for basic and small appliances. You can charge these devices many times without worrying about their safety. For instance, you can charge your mobile phone up to 30 times.
Moreover, with a battery capacity of 293 Wh, it is even lighter than Jackery Power Station 500 which further enhances its portability.
Similar to other versions, this power bank also features all high-end features including clean lithium-ion technology, Battery Management System, multiple recharging ways, durability, versatality, and whatnot.
Thus, Jackery has introduced exciting variants to address the wide needs of customers. And this variant is a perfect match for people having less demanding devices or those who can’t carry heavy objects while travelling.
- It is lighter in weight as compared to Jackery 500
- It is best for charging your basic appliances
- It has an additional AC port, and a USB-C PD port
- It is only suitable for small appliances
- Like Jackery 500, it charges slowly.
4. EF ECOFLOW Solar Generator DELTA Max – The Fastest Charging Power Station
Whether you need a power station to accompany you as a camping partner or you need backup support for your home in case of a blackout, EF ECOFLOW solar generator is the best choice for you. It fits right into the pocket of brilliant portability and power delivery.
Gone are the days when power outages or poorly charged UPS used to disrupt your daily life. With this strong power bank, you can back up all appliances in your house very easily.
It offers you a powerful solar input of 800W that allows the generator to charge fast. A single panel is 220W and you can charge in approximately 11.5-23 hours with it, therefore, it is ideal for power outages.
Portability is another promise fulfilled by EF ECOFLOW Solar Generator. Lightweight construction and design are the key aspects while planning this unit. This is the reason that, unlike other power banks, this portable power bank is easy to carry with you anywhere.
THE ECO FLOW app is another amazing feature offered by this power bank. By installing this app, you can easily control and monitor your power station even if you are far from it.
So, this power bank is a good idea for those who want a strong backup plan with the fastest charging.
- Easy to set up and use
- Great performance and excellent battery life
- It charges very fastly
- Battery capacity is not a true 2kwh design
- Ineffective customer service from EF ECOFLOW
- It may be expensive for some people
5. OUPES 1800W Portable Power Station– The Power Station
When the lights go out or your camping tent is surrounded by pitch darkness, you may look for a reliable and powerful power station. This product combines 2 100W solar panles and the OUPES 1800W Solar Generator so gobs of battery power.
OUPES 1800 W power station features the most powerful power bank. With its MPPT technology, this power station can charge your devices with 30% increased efficiency.
And it supports nearly 99% of all home appliances. You can even charge electric stoves and microwave ovens with this product. With this power station, you can charge your appliances safely as it protects your devices from overcharging, overvoltage, and over-temperature.
One of our favorite features is its high-quality HD display that enhances customer interaction with the portable power station. You can easily access information like charging time, over-temperature warnings, safety warnings, and power displays.
Therefore, whether you want a holiday outdoor partner, long-lasting power during a camping trip, or a backup power source for emergencies, OUPES is the best choice.
- It is very affordable considering the power supply it gives
- The solar panels are convenient to move and store
- Possesses premium lifePO4 battery
- It has low output voltage as compared to other power stations
6. OUPES 1800W Portable Power Station-The Weather Resistant Power Station
OUPES also possesses a variant like Jackery. And this OUPES version is designed specifically for those who want to have high-end and powerful features packed in a lightweight box to survive extreme weather conditions.
It possesses similar power and efficiency to charge heavy devices like refrigerators, blenders, drills, coffee machines, and hairdryers. You can expect similar speed, safety, reliability, and ease of use while charging your devices with this power station.
The only difference between the two is that this one is 31 pounds whereas its counterpart weighs 40 pounds. Moreover, it possesses a rugged body which makes it perfect for outdoor trips. Therefore, for any of you who either do not like bulky or heavy things and prefer lightweight entities, this power station is for you.
Do not think that this version lacks anything or is less powerful as compared to its counterpart, you can safely carry it with you during camping, or party and can also rely on it for home and medical backup.
- It is less bulky and light in weight
- It possesses a rugged body which makes it perfect for outdoor trips
- It does not possess a built-in lantern
Buyer’s Guide- What To Look For When Buying The Best Power Station
The things that you should consider while buying the best power station may include but not limited to the following aspects.
- Power capacity: Before buying you must first determine the needs you want to fulfill through this power station and whether its power capacity will be enough or not.
- Durability: You must check for the manufacturer and material of the power station to assess its durability. As you invest a handsome amount, therefore, you must confirm whether it is worth buying or not.
- Ports: You must also see how many ports it has especially if you have multiple devices to charge.
- Size: Though all power stations are portable, however, you must also check the size and confirm whether it is manageable or not.
- Input current: It is the most important factor to consider while buying power stations. For example, if two power stations are available at similar prices, then this factor will govern your decision.
- Safety: Checking the safety features of batteries is very necessary to avoid any accidents and explosions.
- Cables: Most of the power stations possess connecting cables, therefore, it is good to check whether the cable’s inclusions are according to your needs or not.
- Brand: Brand is the most crucial factor in making your final decision. Buying from a reputable brand will pay you off in a long run.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
- How does a portable power station work?
A portable power station is actually a large battery that powers your devices anytime anywhere.
- What can you power with portable power stations?
You can power anything ranging from phones to all home devices. As they have a large capacity, high power output, and AC outlets.
- Are portable power stations safe?
They can cause serious accidents like fires, carbon monoxide poisoning, and electrocution. Therefore, you must follow these health and safety tips while using them
- Keep your generator dry
- Never use your generator in an enclosed space
- Use adequate cables and extension cords
- Refuel your generators carefully and avoid spillages
- Store the backup fuel sensibly
- How long does a power station take to charge?
It gets fully charged in less than two hours.
- Why do I need a portable power station?
You need it because it is a better alternative to gas generators.
Which Is Our Top Pick and Why?
OEPUS 1800 W Power Station is the best portable power bank to buy in 2022. This is because it is one of the most powerful power banks and supports more than 99% of all home appliances and you can charge them without worrying about over-charging and over-voltage.
Moreover, its high-quality HD screen further simplifies its use through enhanced customer interaction. And above all, it is an affordable option against the high-pack features it offers as compared to other power banks.
Conclusion – Bottom Line
To conclude, the above portable power stations are the most reliable and efficient way to charge your multiple devices in a safe and environment-friendly manner.
Whether you have to backup your home or need a power station to accompany you in your holiday trip or camping, these power stations will never let you down.